Waterloo’s CIBSE approved CPD’s are now available to all as webinars, covering General Air Distribution and An Introduction to VAV Systems.
The next dates scheduled are:
General Air Distribution – Thurs 2nd Dec 2021 3pm
An Introduction to VAV Systems – Thurs 4th Nov 2021 3pm
To register for either of these events or to access a recording of previous webinars, please go to: www.waterloo.co.uk/cpd-and-training
The CPD on General Air Distribution covers the basic principles of air distribution when using mixed flow, displacement and VAV systems.
Topics covered include:
• General terms and definitions used in air distribution
• Typical air movement effects
• Cooling systems
• The effect of heat gains
• Alternate systems and selection guidance
The CPD on an Introduction to VAV Systems covers the basics of Variable Air Volume Systems including variable heat loads and typical air volume variations. The whole system is discussed from equipment components to controls and factory calibration; as well as how to select and install.
The training is suitable for consultants, contractors, engineers, architects or trainees, and there will be opportunities to ask questions to the technical presenters.
To register for these webinars, view recordings of previous ones, or to request a tailored training session for your organisation – please do so here.
Also available is the Waterloo Green Book. This is a comprehensive technical guide to understanding, specifying and installing air diffusion grilles, louvres and chilled beams.
This Free and exhaustive ATD selection tool covers:
• Terms, definitions and symbols
• Conventional air diffusion patterns
• Basis of performance data
• ATD Characteristics and selection guide
• Comfort criteria – thermal, velocity and acoustic jet theory and characteristics
• Acoustic information – spectrum correction, octave band analysis
You can download your own copy of The Green Book here.