HAURATON’s new web-based application ‘DesignSoftware’ provides construction industry professionals with quick, simple hydraulic analysis, channel sizing, project design and product specification for the company’s range of surface drainage systems (for landscape, commercial and civils projects) whilst working on their own desk-top computers, laptops and tablets.
Immediate access for registration and use of this new hydraulic design software is achieved through the link: https://hydraulicdesign.hauraton.com
User-friendly and free-of-charge, HAURATON ‘DesignSoftware’ provides engineers with the flexibility to create their own drainage designs and project specifications, with just three clicks to a hydraulic calculation.
HAURATON has used their ‘in-house’ hydraulic design software to create project designs for over 30 years with total reliability.
In addition to this new software application, HAURATON offers a comprehensive design service, which is also free of charge.
Further information is available on www.hauraton.co.uk or by phoning 01582 501380.
HAURATON DesignSoftware – Features & Functions
• User-friendly, intuitive interface with quick, clear, simple steps to final calculations.
• Hydraulic calculations based on widely used ‘Modified-Manning-Strickler’ formula. Hydraulic discharge provided on a free outflow basis.
• Accommodates HAURATON’s core range of linear drainage systems for total design flexibility (for landscape, commercial, civils and other project types). Includes all channel types and depths available.
• Rainfall intensity options in mm/h, l/s*Ha and l/s*m2.
• UK Software: UK Rainfall Map using data from ‘Flood Studies Report’. User options for Return Period, Storm Duration and Climate Change.
• Automatic and manual channel run design functions.
• Constant-depth and step-fall channel configuration options.
• Accommodates both 0% and positive longitudinal ground slopes.
• Detailed hydraulic analysis of channel run designs.
• Controlled discharge function for HICAP® Slot Channel designs.
• Quick user tools for adding/duplicating runs, resetting designs, adding notes etc.
• ‘Drag & Drop’ function for adding Point Inflows to the channel run design. Tributary channels can be linked to the main channel run being designed.
• ‘Drag & Drop’ function for adding system Accessories to the channel run design.
• Comprehensive product library for ‘one-stop’ specification data. HAURATON website links for additional product information.
• HELP file and tool-tips for detailed design guidance and advice.
• Project folder for registered users offering safe and secure server storage of final designs. Option to export design files for external storage.
• Automatic generation of .pdf project documents for specification support. Hydraulic Analysis, Materials List and Information datasheets available.
DesignSoftware has been tested extensively and the methodology validated by an independent hydraulics consultancy company.
HAURATON’s ‘in-house’ hydraulic design software has been used successfully by their own technical personnel for over 30 years with total reliability.
Registered users (password protected) have access to safe and secure server storage regarding their final designs.
Designs remain strictly confidential unless users tick to ‘share with HAURATON’.
Registered users have the option to export design files for external storage in their own computers or for sharing with colleagues for further design or discussion.
DesignSoftware has been configured to comply fully with GDPR ‘data privacy’ regulations.
Experience & Expertise
A world leader in the manufacture of modular surface drainage systems, HAURATON drainage products have been supplied onto major projects within the UK and international markets for over sixty-five years.
HAURATON developed their first linear drainage system in 1956. Since that time the HAURATON brand has become known around the world as a benchmark for quality, reliability, durability and service.