ASHFORD, England, March 16, 2021 – Chubb today announced the launch of CareUnity® Digital – a new, future-proof dispersed alarm unit that supports the latest 4G technology.
Designed to encourage independent living, CareUnity® Digital sets new standards for technology-enabled care, ensuring the home environment is monitored 24 hours a day. Chubb is a part of Carrier Global Corporation (NYSE: CARR), the leading global provider of healthy, safe and sustainable building and cold chain solutions.
With more than 50 years of experience in providing specialist telecare solutions, Chubb developed CareUnity® Digital in response to the rapid changes taking place in the UK telecommunications industry. By 2025, analogue telephone services in the UK will be switched off as infrastructure is upgraded to digital connectivity. The approaching switch highlights the need for dedicated digital telecare solutions.
There are currently approximately 850,000 analogue telecare devices across the UK that will need to switch to digital-dispersed alarm units. CareUnity® Digital can help service providers start that process.
“It’s a simple switch; there’s no need for new cables, just our new care alarm, which can be configured remotely through our web-based portal,” said, Charlotte Rathbone, Product Account Manager for Chubb Community Care. “At Chubb, our customers’ safety is our priority, and CareUnity® Digital provides the reassurance and peace of mind needed ahead of the switch.”
CareUnity® Digital comes with a wide range of customisable features, making it one of the safest and most reliable care alarms for customers’ varied needs. Key features include crystal clear two-way audio, multiple communication pathways and “person down” facility, enhanced reminders with SMS text message reporting and over 24-hour back up. It also supports a variety of other sensor devices including pendant and fall triggers, bed and chair sensors, keypads and many more.
In addition, CareUnity® Digital offers service providers many benefits, including:
• Backwards compatibility – with Chubb’s extensive range of 869MHz telecare and F1 devices.
• Multiple communication pathways – includes PTSN/GSM telecom interfaces, ethernet connection, 4G, 3G and 2G cellular and broadband.
• Remote configuration – there is no need to visit premises as CareUnity® Digital can be configured remotely through Chubb’s dedicated web portal.
• Extended warranty – all care alarm units and pendants come with a two-year warranty.
• Flexible buying options – flexible buying and rental options are available to help control costs.
• Reliable support – a dedicated careline provides support pre, during and post installation.
• Speedy delivery – Chubb promises delivery within 24 hours from its UK-based distribution centre.